Sex Offender Policy
Registered Sex Offenders Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the library is in compliance with Iowa Code Chapter 692A that excludes registered sex offenders convicted of offenses against minors from public libraries.
A person who has been convicted of a criminal offense against a minor, an aggravated offense, sexual exploitation, any other relevant offense, or a sexually violent offense in this state or in another state, or in a federal, military, tribal, or foreign court, or a person required to register in another state under the state�s sex offender registry, shall register as provided in this policy.
* Any person convicted of a sex offense requiring registration will need written approval
from the library board before proceeding onto library property.
* Any person convicted of a sex offense requiring registration will be allowed to
designate someone else to check out and return materials for them.
* Any person convicted of a sex offense requiring registration is prohibited from
loitering within 300 feet of library property.
* Any person convicted of a sex offense against a minor will not be allowed to be
employed by or volunteer with the library.
* Any person convicted of a sex offense, who violates this policy, will be asked to leave
the property immediately and the police will be notified.
* Any and all staff members will be notified of any person convicted of a sex offense
requiring registration who has been given permission to be on the library property.